Sunday, November 9, 2014

And the beat goes on...

Draft that I never posted....enjoy!


Hey I am back.  I'm going to update a little about my experience with my dresses the last six months.  I did very well remembering to wear dresses, wear makeup, red lipstick, and feeling pretty.  Then it started getting cold.  Most of my dresses are very summery.  They have a bohemian chic look to them but most are sleeveless or short sleeves etc.  By the time the cold ran around it was time to start getting ready for Christmas and any extra money went to stuff like that. I bought a pair of stockings I could wear with the short ones (even the long ones probably).  So I was excited about my purchase and wore them and they were perfect!
But you see the problem was...
Many of you know I am on cancer treatment for the ninth year.  The medicine I am now on I became allergic to, something horrendous because it was the second treatment ever that my cancer responded to.  The combination of drugs before eventually had me to a state where I couldn't handle them anymore.  My body just went to sh*t.  So we were excited when we found this treatment working.  They had to explain to me that there weren't anymore treatments that didn't include Herceptin ( herceptin gave me heart failure the last time I was on it).  I gave in and we started the new regimen.  Turned out I am allergic to the Herceptin now.  My whole point of this is I now have to partake in the ingestion of high doses of steroids.  Super fun.  Not only am I crazy psycho Shannon (well, you know, worse then normal) again, weekly I expand a good seven pounds.  I am at the highest weight in my life.  When I began this blog I was much lighter but still overweight from treatment.  The benefit I keep trying to get to is....a lot of the dresses were so perfect that I can still wear them,  whereas my pants are a joke.  Also my wonderful stockings became a joke. :-(
Anyway,  during the winter, at first, I still wore dresses.  It was kind of nice.  I felt like Susie Homemaker walking around my house in a dress with an apron on while I cleaned.  If you know me you know the likelihood of that ever happening in my life was slim to none. 
Well the further we got into winter the lazier I got.  I for one, didn't feel comfortable because I kept gaining weight.  I started growing out of dresses, I grew out my stockings, and it was just so darn cold.  So I started to wear the very last pair of jeans that still fit. I actually think my fairy godmother brought them to me one night while I was sleeping because I have no idea where they came from.  But I still dress up for my appointments normally or when I leave the house for the most part. 

No comments:

Post a Comment